Meet the Team at Modern Intimacy
Meet Our Founder
Kate Balestrieri, Psy.D.
Certified Sex Therapist
PACT III Couples Therapist
Certified Sex Addiction Therapist – Supervisor
(CA, FL, IL, NY)
Meet Our Therapists + Coaches
Brooke Brownlee, APCC
Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
The team at Modern Intimacy has various levels of training.
Some are Licensed Psychologists, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, or Certified Life Coaches.
In addition, Modern Intimacy may employ some clinicians who are pre-licensed and working towards their hours for licensure.
They are supervised by a licensed therapist on a weekly basis, to ensure everyone receives the best quality of care.
Some of our clinicians have additional training and certifications, including:
- Certified Sex Therapist (CST)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy (PACT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TSY)
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Resiliency Model (TRM)
- NeuroAffective Touch (NAT)
- Post Induction Model (PIT)
Meet Our Administrative Team
Free 30-Minute Consultation
Teletherapy Service Available
Everyone has the right to empowered, healthy, and thriving relationships. That includes you.
mental health | relationships | sexuality | healing + recovery
Join the Team at Modern Intimacy
Our team is always expanding.
If you enjoy working with with a diverse team of forever students, who prioritize mental health and work/life balance, send your CV to [email protected]
Click here to learn about our open positions and how to apply.
Applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and other marginalized communities are prioritized.