Find a Sex Therapist in NYC & All New York
Can I work with a Modern Intimacy Sex Therapist in NYC?
Wherever you reside in the state of New York, you can work remotely with our private practice New York City sex therapists via Telehealth. We provide sex and relationship therapy for individuals, couples therapy, and marriage counseling for those looking to improve intimacy and work through obstacles getting in the way of a healthy and happy sex life.
Sex therapy can provide insight and support around various sexual issues. However, there aren’t always situations around sex that need to be “fixed.” It can be helpful to work with a clinical psychologist or mental health professional who specializes in sex therapy for various different reasons. Sex Therapy can help you better understand human sexuality, explore different desires and fantasies, and provide suggestions on what you and/or your partner can do to have the most pleasurable, authentic, and great sex life.
Meet our Sex Therapists, Couples Therapists and Psychologists in NYC
What sexual problems do the Modern Intimacy Sex Therapists in NYC specialize in?
Our sex therapists use a wide range of therapy styles including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), PACT Couples Therapy, psychodynamic therapy, somatic therapies, mindfulness, and more.
If you are looking to start individual sex therapy, our sex and intimacy therapists can help with:
- Low or no desire
- Sexual dysfunctions
- Pain during sex
- Performance anxiety
- Exploring sexual orientation and gender identity
- Building healthy communication and boundaries around sex
- Sex addiction
- Porn addiction
- Working through sexual trauma
- Overcoming sexual guilt and shame, including purity culture trauma
- Intimacy after betrayal trauma
- Sex after childbirth
- Exploring kink and alternative dating lifestyles
- Sexual Problems in Men, Women and Nonbinary Folks
- Early Ejaculation
- Male Erectile Dysfunction
- Libido Issues
- Difficulty with Low or No Orgasm
Free 30-Minute Consultation
Teletherapy Service Available
Everyone has the right to empowered, healthy, and thriving relationships. That includes you.
mental health | relationships | sexuality | healing + recovery
What can a couples’ sex therapist in NYC help with?
In couples counseling, a sex therapist can help with:
- Mismatched libidos
- Lack of sex
- Techniques for improving pleasure
- Establishing sexual boundaries
- Introducing kink to the bedroom
- Improving communication around sex
- Supporting a partner with sexual trauma history
- Navigating sexual and emotional safety after betrayal trauma
- Concerns about sexual functioning
- Exploring alternative dating lifestyles
I’m ready to talk with a sex therapist in NYC. What’s next?
It’s important to note that Sex Therapy will never include any form of physical or sexual touch. Sex therapists help their clients work through sexual concerns and curiosities, but Modern Intimacy sex therapists will never engage in physical or verbal sexual acts with clients.
If you have additional questions about Sex Therapy or want to work with one of our sex therapists in NYC, feel free to schedule a free 30-minute consultation.
Our staff would be happy to answer any questions or concerns and so you can determine if Modern Intimacy is a good fit for your needs.