Work with Sex Therapist & Psychologist Dr. Kate Balestrieri For Media, Events, & More
Sex, Relationships + Mental Health:
- Challenging stigmas related to gender, sex, mental health, etc.,
- Victim blaming, slut-shaming and other sex-negative perspectives,
- The impacts of trauma on the brain and body,
- Trauma (sexual, emotional, physical, financial, spiritual, etc.)
- Healing from trauma holistically,
- Recognizing and healing from Narcissistic/Toxic Relationships
- Betrayal trauma and infidelity,
- Enmeshment in families, covert incest, among women and men
Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Sex addiction (Compulsive Sexual Behavior Disorders)
- Sexual Anorexia
- Compulsive or problematic porn use
- Addictive relationships
- Love Addiction and Love Avoidance
Relationships + Sexuality
- Relationship dynamics,
- How couples can improve their connection and sexual satisfaction,
- Sexuality, dating and culture,
- How to increase sexual pleasure, and improve sexual activity
- Sexual health, sexual dysfunction, sexual orientation, sexual fantasies, and other sexual dimensions
- Pain during sex and treatment options
- Mismatched libidos
- Exploring alternative lifestyles + Kink
- Sexual abuse, sexual assault and sexual harassment,
- Human trafficking: prevention, offending and treatment,
- The weaponization of sex and sexuality in modern culture,
- Sexual erasure + fetishization or marginalized groups
Let’s work together to find the right topic.
Psychologist and sex therapist, Dr. Kate Balestrieri has been working with various media outlets and organizations for years to help educate people about healthy relationships, mental health, sex and dating. Having been an educator for over 10 years, in various graduate programs, she is enthusiastic about learning, speaking and connecting people with new information and each other.
Check out some of her main speaking engagements, guest appearances, featured blogs and media interviews below.
Want to collaborate with Dr. Kate?
Check Out Some of Our Favorite Collaborations Below
Dr. Kate Balestrieri Shares How to Handle Pandemic Anxiety, Depression | On Air with Ryan Seacrest
Dr. Kate Balestrieri offered advice on-air after a caller shared her friend is struggling with anxiety and depression following quarantine and the pandemic. In her private practice, Dr. Kate works with adults, individuals and couples, primarily around treating trauma, substance abuse and addiction, intimacy disorders, sexuality and relationships.
In September 2020, Dr. Balestrieri collaborated with Kourtney Kardashian, other professionals, and the Poosh team to discuss the orgasm gap and womens’ sexual pleasure, for the first ever Poosh Your Wellness virtual event in September 2020.
Click here to learn more about the event or catch it on-demand.
Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome + Sex After Trauma
In 2021, Dr. Kate Balestrieri joined sexuality writer, August McLaughlin, on her popular podcast, Girl Boner, to discuss the long term effects of Narcissistic Abuse, how to recognize the signs, and get help. August and Dr. Kate also explored how to cultivate hot sex after trauma, and develop healthy intimacy with a partner.
The Leo & Danny Show
A guest on the Leo & Danny Show, Dr. Balestrieri spoke with comedians Danny Mullen and Leandro Fabian Dottavio about their experiences with sex, addiction, dating and porn in this hilarious, awkward, and educational podcast episode.
NSFW: Language, Sexually Graphic Language
Exploring the Role of Enmeshment on Adult Children's Lives
In 2015, with enmeshment expert Dr. Kenneth Adams, Dr. Kate Balestrieri presented at the 2015 IITAP Symposium about the indications, symptoms and long-term effects of covert incest (emotional enmeshment). They elucidated the complexities of this insidious form of childhood trauma, and provided other clinicians with a thorough understanding of its last legacy, and ways to help patients heal.
Exploring the Impact of the #MeToo Movement on People of all Gender
In 2019, in collaboration with Lauren Dummit-Schock (her former business partner at Triune Therapy Group), Dr. Rob Weiss and Stuart Leviton. Dr. Kate Balestrieri facilitated an experiential event for people of all genders and backgrounds to discuss the impact of the #MeToo movement on them. The main goal of this event was to create empathy and understanding for everyone involved.
Sex, Money and Anger and the Role of Gender in Relationships and Modern Society
In 2019, Dr. Balestrieri presented at the International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP) annual symposium, on the ways in which sex and money are weaponized to meet unmeet relational needs, across gender. She explored how these themes emerged across culture and within dating, relationships, the workplace, with friends and in families.
Dr. Kate Balestrieri is a regular contributor to the popular Instagram account @Insta.Single. With over 6 million followers, this account focuses on highlighting the absurdities of dating. Dr. Kate helps promote healthy sex, dating, relationship and mental health content to help followers make sense of sex and dating in the modern age.